Retailing is a challenge. The impact of online shopping, customer-modified products and global competition have made the retail environment among the most dynamic and unpredictable of any industry.
Nora has worked in retail’s creative and management components through several periods of dramatic change and uses her extensive background on behalf of a specific market niche: mature consumers who are experienced and savvy but decline to use social media as a communication or transactional tool. Her emphasis on productive traditional media is based on:
- Proven skills as a market-targeted copywriter, copy chief and marketing director for retailers, both in-house and agency (New York).
- On-site retail sales and customer communications, Williams-Sonoma (Bethesda, Maryland).
- Creative catalog consultant for Hammacher Schlemmer (New York) during its acquisition by The Bradford Exchange (Illinois).
- Writer and creative/production overseer for home furnishings promotion, Woodward & Lothrop (Washington, D.C.).
- Firsthand skills in quantitative and qualitative market research.
- Faculty member in marketing, consumer behavior and organizational development at several universities, including lecturer, interactive marketing, AAP graduate communications program, Johns Hopkins University.